- Black Lives Matter
- DISability inclusion always, all days, every way
- LGBTQIAA affirmative
– Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist
- Gender justice
- Free Palestine
- Refugees have right of passage & right of return
- Antisemitism is racism
- Fat is a DISability issue
- The only safe borders are open borders
- U.S. out of North America (yeah, you read that right)
- Indigenous rights now
- Universal human rights
- Universal humanity
- Workers’ Rights
- A woman’s place is in the world
- Trans sisters are women
- LOS MARINES NO PASARAN!
- DIALOGUE MATTERS
- HONOR THE TREATIES
- No ban, no Wall!
- IF IT ISN’T INTERSECTIONAL IT ISN’T CLASS STRUGGLE
- CLASS STRUGGLE IS KNOWING WHICH SIDE OF THE FENCE YOU ARE ON, CLASS ANALYSIS IS KNOWING WHO IS THERE WITH YOU (anonymous poster c 1970)
- Socialism the means of production
- Honor youth
- Respect your elders!
- Age in place!
- No means no!
- Radical consent!
- Healing is a community issue.
- Health care is a human right
- No blood for oil
- No U.S. imperialism
- Prison abolition
- No torture
- Bullying is bigotry
- Solidarity not charity
- Exclusion serves the oppressor. Inclusion serves the struggle
- Nothing without all of us: Justice not just us.
- Housing, education, health care are basic human rights
- Honor the earth
- physical beauty isn’t a virtue
- Down with white supremacy
- Don’t cross a picket line
- Fight the labor aristocracy
- Nothing changes without a complaint
- Never Again
- Never Again Anyone
- I remember the Armenian Genocide
- Jihad means struggle.
- This is my jihad…
If I left you out, let me know, because none of us is free unless all of us are free.
ANY QUESTIONS? DO YOU HATE ME NOW? UNFRIEND ME UNFOLLOW ME.
Some bridges need to be burned
Posted in Ableism, Bearing Witness, Disability and the arts, Disability Rights, DISability101, Fat is a Disability Issue, love, Racism/Sexism and the nexus of dis-ability, Radical healing, Radical self care, Resistance of ordinary seeds, Small insurrections, Uncategorized
two cups cooked penne pasta, drained
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
2 cups diced stewed tomatoes canned or home cooked
2 cups cannelloni beans canned or home cooked
2/3 cup pine nuts
oregano, basil, parsley, salt and garlic to taste
grated parmesan cheese
saute the zucchini until soft, add mushrooms, then spinach. add tomatoes and beans, pine nuts and herbs, until hot. add pasta. heat for 3 minutes. serve. top with cheese.
I just discovered Amanda Baggs on youtube. Also the blogger, at, http://ballastexistenz.autistics.org/
Her writing and videos are creative, human and speak to the experience of people with disabilities in general, people with autisism specifically.
She dedicates an entire page to her medical documentation, for those arrogant members of “normal” society, who can’t believe that someone can be disabled and also extremely brilliant and articulate.
This speaks to my own thesis; that we all benefit from full inclusion, the insistence that each human being has value and her existence and work (paid or otherwise) contributes to our greater humanity.
This is a very important utube film about language, humanity, communication. Please note, that this film maker chose to close caption her video so more people could have access to the information. Few youtube videos provide this service, denying this service to people who don’t fit within the auditory or cognitive norms of society.
This is an older post, from the old house, in Baldwin Park. It got lost in the blog move, and resurfaced with a strange date on it. I resubmit it now!
emma’s trout and millet with fennel
1 cup millet
1 onion, chopped
1 cup chopped end of season, green tomatoes*
2 stalks celery, chopped
olive oil, to coat pan
1T chopped or minced garlic
3 cups water
2 lbs fresh trout
2 T rosemary*
1 1/2 cups chopped fennel stalks*
coat a large hot paella pan with olive oil. add onion, tomatoes, celery and garlic. cook until tender. add millet. sauté for one minute. add water. cover for 25 minutes, simmer, stirring occasionally. add trout. cover with fennel. add juice of one lemon and slices of the other lemon. cover and simmer until fish is cooked.
*from my garden